Wednesday, October 22, 2008

6.13 Pounds, 19 Inches


Hailey is here! (And in this pic, she's nude.)

Nine months has gone by very quickly. It was just about 3 weeks ago that Allison and I were still refering to Hailey as BTBNL (Baby To Be Named Later) and now, Hailey is here. It has been a whirlwind for the past 36 hours. I was almost excited to come back to work tonight just to get back into some sort of routine.

We had decided a few weeks ago that we did want to put up Christmas lights this year but we did not want to do it after the baby had come. The ladder that we own is not very long, so we need Alli to steady the ladder while I climb up to put the lights on the house and we didn't want to tackle the job while Hailey was here. We kept procrastinating the lights, until Monday afternoon. We FINALLY did it, and its a good thing, because Allison went in to labor Tuesday morning at about 4 a.m. Alli was in labor until about 5 p.m. and did fantastic during the birth. Hailey had some problems- the umbilical (sp?) cord was wrapped around her neck, she wasn't able to hold a good body temperture, and she would not cry- which I have learned is the best way for babies to absorb the gunk in their lungs. So I went with Hailey to some special room to with equipment to measure her oxygenation and temperture while Alli rested. Both mama and baby are doing great now, and Allison will be home tomorrow afternoon.

We will put a TON of Hailey pics up tomorrow night. I have a few here now, along with some other pictures that I ahven't had the time/desire/need to post that the Boss (Alli) insists I share. So, for the 2 people who actually read our blog, here's some overdue goodies:

Here is Allison about 24 hours before she went into labor. Besides the Christmas lights, we were lucky enough to get one lil' glimpse at her belly before she lost it. It's amazing how small she looks already. She came over to me while I was watching TV and and handed me the camera. Now I am glad she did, because neither of us Hailey would come this early.





Here is Allison in the labor and delivery room. We were in her for what seemed like forever- I had stayed up until 3 am working on a paper for a commuications class on the Amish. I finally went to bed, only to be woke up about an hour later by Allison asking me to take her to the hospitol. Needless to say, it was awhile before I could actually sleep. I fianlly fell asleep at about 8 a.m and slept for about an hour, while Allison didn't sleep at all until she got her epideral around 2 p.m. I thought we would both crash after Hailey was born, but neithe rof us has slept much, instead, we have been at the hospital with baby.




Here we are after Hailey had been birthed and cleaned up. We had both been up for a long time and Allison was worn out for labor, but luckily, the nurses reminded us to take some pictures. I don't know that we would have remembered had she not reminded us. Off topic a bit- For the 2 people who read this blog- if at all possible, give birth in the women's center. The nurses were so cool and the faciliites were very nice. The room Allison is in now at the women's center is much nicer than our room in our house (maybe that's an exageration, but you get the point).

That's all I want to say tonight. Tomorrow we will put a blog of Hailey and it probably won't have our boring narratives. Just lotsa baby pics.

4 comments:

Adam and Brynn said...

Oh yay!!!!! Congratulations guys!! You will have so much fun!! I can't wait to see more pictures of her!! :) I'm SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Brockalee said...

WOOT for Hailey!!!

A Date with Pinterest said...

YAY!!!! Congrats!!!! What a beautiful family!!!!

Rhonda said...

AHH! Congrats guys! That's so exciting. She is a whole ounce bigger than Jack was, and my belly was like 3 times that size. Can't wait to see more pictures. I'm impatient. :)